Software Release 2.4.3 is now avaialbe.
The release includes the following updates:
Beginning with System Release 2.0, users can upgrade the firmware of the on-board GPS chip present on the Connectorized Radio with Sync.
To upgrade the on-board GPS chip on a Connectorized Radio with Sync:
1. Navigate to Monitor => GPS to check the GPS Firmware Version that is currently present on the radio.
2.If the GPS Firmware Version displays AXN_1.51_2801, navigate to Tools => Software Upgrade
3.Under the G P S F i r m w a r e upgrade section, select the same package used to upgrade the device’s firmware ex: ePMP-GPS_Synced-v2.4.2.tar.gz.
5. The upgrade can take up to 3 minutes. Once the upgrade is done, the radio’s UI prompts for a reboot and the reboot button will be highlighted.
6.Click the Reboot button on the top right corner of the UI.
7.Once the radio has completed its reboot process, check under the Monitor => GPS page to check the firmware version
New Features added:
Release 2.4 adds the following features:
- New ePTP mode operation: The release introduces a new mode of operation for point-to-point configuration providing significantly lower latency than other modes. Not available for DFS bands.
- Improvements to VoIP performance
- Ability to configure the Max MCS independently in each direction
- eAlign: The release introduces eAlign (found under the Tools menu), a tool to aid with link alignment
- Session Time per SM on the AP (under Monitor->Wireless)
- Improvements to the throughput chart on the GUI dashboard (under “Home”)
PDF Release notes can be found at http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-1000/New-ePMP-Release-2-3-1-now-available/m-p/37067#U37067
o RFC1213 supports standard interface MIBs. Items such as Ethernet interface Tx/Rx and
corresponding stats are now supported per the standard RFC. This allows users to utilize 3rd party monitoring tools that support RFC1213
• Separate Management IP when SM is in NAT mode
o Separate Wireless Management IP will provide the ability to separate management traffic from user traffic when the SM is configured in NAT mode providing separate management access to the SM. This includes the ability to have a separate management interface when PPPoE is enabled on the SM.
• ARP table display
o Displays all the ARP entries for interfaces present in the routing table
• VoIP helper functionality under NAT
o When the SM is in NAT mode, ePMP inspects SDP packets and automatically creates appropriate