Consider the following scenario:
- The Credential Security Support Provider protocol (CredSSP) updates for CVE-2018-0886 are applied to a Windows virtual machine (VM) (remote server) in Microsoft Azure or on a local client.
- You try to make a remote desktop (RDP) connection to the server from the local client.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is not supported. Remote computer: <computer name or IP>. This could be due to CredSSP encryption oracle remediation. For more information, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=866660.
If you are getting a CredSSP error message when trying to RDP to a server add this registry key to your local computer. It will disable CredSSP
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\CredSSP\Parameters] “AllowEncryptionOracle”=dword:00000002
1U Server co-location Special
-1 IP (more based upon justification at additional cost)
-Dual A/B power (dual power or transfer switch capable)
-Multiple transit BGP carriers (HE.NET, Cogent)
-MidWest-IX (www.midwest-ix.com) peering
-Dedicated gigabit port
-10 Megs of burstable bandwidth (more available)
$99 a month
$99 setup fee
Lots of add-ons available. Direct peers to Chicago, FedRamp certified facilities, redundant metro connections, redundant data centers.
Data Center Highlights
- 99.995% uptime
- F5 tornado resistant architecture
- N+N redundant power and cooling
- Fire suppression and environmental controls
- Multi-layered security systems
- Secure workspace for staging, storage and offices
Contact us today for questions and to setup service.