Periodically Mikrotik updates the routerboot part of their routerboards. This is the firmware on the board responsible for the bootloader.
Release 2.6 update includes:
- RADIUS Authentication of Administrative Users – Allows for the centralization in a RADIUS server of passwords and administrative access to ePMP network elements
- RADIUS Configuration of VLAN – Allows for configuration of VLAN settings on subscriber radios from the settings in the subscriber’s RADIUS profile
- Support AP Lite License Keys – Allows customers to purchase a license key (Part Number: C050900S200A) that will allow AP Lites to be upgraded to support up to 120 subscriber modules
- 10 MHz and 5 MHz Channel sizes for enhanced PTP Mode of Operation – This will allow for easier deployment of ePMP Links in crowded spectrum environments
- 10 MHz Channel Sizes for AP WiFi and SM WiFi – This will allow for a greater degree of compatibility with existing WiFi based solutions
- Networking and Operations Feature Enhancements that include Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) Support, Separate Management IP Address Port Forwarding, Wireless MAC Address Filtering for Network Entry, and Display at AP of distance to each SM
- Improved Interference Tolerance at the AP for On-Channel Interferers
Beginning with System Release 2.0, users can upgrade the firmware of the on-board GPS chip present on the Connectorized Radio with Sync.
To upgrade the on-board GPS chip on a Connectorized Radio with Sync:
1. Navigate to Monitor => GPS to check the GPS Firmware Version that is currently present on the radio.
2.If the GPS Firmware Version displays AXN_1.51_2801, navigate to Tools => Software Upgrade
3.Under the G P S F i r m w a r e upgrade section, select the same package used to upgrade the device’s firmware ex: ePMP-GPS_Synced-v2.4.2.tar.gz.
5. The upgrade can take up to 3 minutes. Once the upgrade is done, the radio’s UI prompts for a reboot and the reboot button will be highlighted.
6.Click the Reboot button on the top right corner of the UI.
7.Once the radio has completed its reboot process, check under the Monitor => GPS page to check the firmware version